Counterpoint of Tolerance 1

Saturday 26 July 2008

Hand Luggage full of wires and equipment - did they stop me - I think not! Saturday 19th July 2008


Well I got through security with probably the least difficulty I have ever known! Ironically, this time, not only did I have regular hand luggage stuff like phone, camera, book, glasses etc. but a Fostex portable field recorder, batteries galore, chargers a-go-go, one flute, one piccolo, tonnes of (shock-horror) sharp pencils and I'm sure a whole multitude of 'airport-x-ray-security-scanner' intriguing stuff...but I walked through no problems at all...concerning - maybe!

I was quite glad though as the process of actually getting past security at Heathrow was concerning me - but as it transpires, I had nothing to worry about! I don't think it's going to be the same getting out of the US on the way back though...but we'll have to see!

I'm just sitting in the departure lounge now waiting for my seat to be called...11 and half hours...ELEVEN AND A HALF HOURS!! For the want of Doctor Who's tardis, or the Dolorien right now...! Even a hoverboard would do...!

Anyway - speak to you next in the air...mile high blog... ; ) !


2 comments:

Danny Palmer said...

It's always nice to expose the alarming unreadyness of the security services. When i went to the House of Commons i took a whole suitcase in.

Was that an 11 and a half hour flight you were refering to? Thats not so bad...i spent that amount of time on trains going to Glasgow for my project!

Did you sort the video thing?

Unknown said...

Hopefully it was the sheer volume of highly visible stuff that made it OK. Do security really understand what they are looking for? I hope so!!

Taster Sessions

Fancy listening to some of what we've been doing?
Well, click on the bits you want to listen to below!

Live Guitar Session 1

Live Guitar Session 2

Live Guitar Session 3

Live Group Session 1

Live Group Session 2

Live Group Session 3

11 Person Laptop Band



**DISCLAIMER - these podcasts use an external hosting website. Please note that any content viewed on this website apart from the 'World Piece' specific audio is not linked with this blog and does not represent the views or opinions of myself or this blog. I am not able to control what content, aside from the 'World Piece' specific audio, goes out on this website and I apologise if some content may offend.**

Some of the more 'unusual' instruments

Some of the CPoT team brought some rather interesting and unusual instruments with them to America...

...all of which will be included in AH!

So, please do click on the images below to have a listen!!

Charango

Charasca

Coco Banjo

Frame Drum

Haegum

Mongolian Throat Singing

Mosquito

Requinto

Counterpoint of Tolerance 2