Counterpoint of Tolerance 1

Thursday 24 July 2008

Where we are so far...

Just before I start - it's all got a bit complicated with the blog - basically I haven't had access to the Internet until pretty much today - so some blogs are missing...they have been written though -so don't fret - they are just in a notebook, going back to old-fashioned pen and paper!!

I haven't had a chance yet to write them up on here - but I'll be sure to do that soon and date them appropriately!

Right, well that's a minor announcement over and done with...now let's get down to business!

We are currently on Day 4, it's about 15:05pm and today we've started writing 'modules' to play with and improvise around ready to start getting some idea as to what the piece is going to be like, sound like, how it's organised etc. etc.

I've written my module - hence I thought I'd use this little window of time to write a speedy blog! 

By writing these little four bar rhythm structures, we're basically making a potential, proposed framework for tiny bits of the overall piece...

By doing it this way as well, it means we can get together in smaller groups, or sit individually to give our own input, which then will get played, played around with, and discussed.

...reading that back - that makes it sound ever so structured and austere - it's not like that at all! The whole collaboration is one of freedom, individuality within a tightly knit group, different influences and styles and collective spirit. 

It is quite phenomenal how these ten people (including myself) have clicked - we instantaneously made connections and hit it off incredibly - and together we form a 10-composer network like a perfectly fitting global jigsaw, each standing as a different piece with different edges and links, but all connecting.

Truly amazing!

But, anyway - you will hear more about the beginning of this extraordinary collaboration when I write up my notes on here!

I've also got audio and pictures which I'll endeavour to upload on my MacBook - a gift from the TAC to all of us for being part of this programme...nice!

Right - more soon! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Natalie,

Your old man has just left me and said that if I did not send you a lovely message then he would fix my boiler to self destruct. I think he was just kidding but in truth I am lying.

What I mean from the heart is be well, be lucky be happy.

Kindest regards,
Baron Dodger of Bridestowe.

Taster Sessions

Fancy listening to some of what we've been doing?
Well, click on the bits you want to listen to below!

Live Guitar Session 1

Live Guitar Session 2

Live Guitar Session 3

Live Group Session 1

Live Group Session 2

Live Group Session 3

11 Person Laptop Band



**DISCLAIMER - these podcasts use an external hosting website. Please note that any content viewed on this website apart from the 'World Piece' specific audio is not linked with this blog and does not represent the views or opinions of myself or this blog. I am not able to control what content, aside from the 'World Piece' specific audio, goes out on this website and I apologise if some content may offend.**

Some of the more 'unusual' instruments

Some of the CPoT team brought some rather interesting and unusual instruments with them to America...

...all of which will be included in AH!

So, please do click on the images below to have a listen!!

Charango

Charasca

Coco Banjo

Frame Drum

Haegum

Mongolian Throat Singing

Mosquito

Requinto

Counterpoint of Tolerance 2