Counterpoint of Tolerance 1

Monday 8 September 2008

Concurrency is so close I can taste it!! Sunday 7th September

I've writen the most complicated blog today - it has taken me a while! I love the fact that I've tried to tackle the ontology (what is) music and also the concept of 'understanding'!

As if I needed anything else to think about - today has just reinforced how much I want to do a PhD.

Plus I have the initials for a PhD - Natalie Oram, N.O ----> Dr. NO - blatently has to be done!

What's really great about this blog is that all that stuff I've written today could never even get a vague mention in my actual documentary - but by teasing people online in the documentary - they can enlighted themselves to a whole back-story and my gargantuan ramblings! Verbosity doesn't lend well to broadcast, but it does to blogs - phew!

Hopefully there are some things that I've written which will spur some interesting debate as well - so, again hopefully, people may come across my blog and comment - I hope so!

I did want to get completely up-to-date today - sadly that hasn't happened because of the complexity of writing that massive blog, and also another couple of things I had to do...and yes more things which are stealing my time away - the little time imps - we don't like them!

I'm going to another gig tonight which ironically again has a similar idea behind it with the whole 'let's throw a load of musical strangers together and see what happens' kind of thing.

So again - useful for my MA. It is also in a licenced establishment, and I'm off my tablets now - so yes I will have a drink or two - I think I deserve it!

I've got lots of pieces of paper with my blog address on it too - so looks like I'm forcing myself to go because I have to effectively mail shot people in a pub...pub shot maybe...?!

Got to dash - leaving in a minute!

No comments:

Taster Sessions

Fancy listening to some of what we've been doing?
Well, click on the bits you want to listen to below!

Live Guitar Session 1

Live Guitar Session 2

Live Guitar Session 3

Live Group Session 1

Live Group Session 2

Live Group Session 3

11 Person Laptop Band



**DISCLAIMER - these podcasts use an external hosting website. Please note that any content viewed on this website apart from the 'World Piece' specific audio is not linked with this blog and does not represent the views or opinions of myself or this blog. I am not able to control what content, aside from the 'World Piece' specific audio, goes out on this website and I apologise if some content may offend.**

Some of the more 'unusual' instruments

Some of the CPoT team brought some rather interesting and unusual instruments with them to America...

...all of which will be included in AH!

So, please do click on the images below to have a listen!!

Charango

Charasca

Coco Banjo

Frame Drum

Haegum

Mongolian Throat Singing

Mosquito

Requinto

Counterpoint of Tolerance 2