Counterpoint of Tolerance 1

Monday 8 September 2008

Overblogged - Saturday 30th August

How many blogs have I written up today?!


10 to be precise!


Today has been a really good day because I've had the opportunity to sit down quietly, not talk to anybody and get blogging! I am pleased!


I seem to work rather well just sitting there and attacking my blog all in one go. It's not just that I've got ALOT done today, but also, by writing them all up in one go, it's really consolidating everything in my mind, which I feel is going to help with my contextual review.


Also - by reading everything over again, I can add details that I've subsequently realised. With that little bit of retrospective thought, the blogs are becoming nicely comprehensive, AND I know that at the time when I was writing them long-hand, I didn't have the time to spend on writing things in such detail.


So luckily, the way in which I have had to do this blog, and other things to do with my MA, is actually working (I feel) better than it would have if all the blogs were made on the day they're talking about. I hope you agree!


The only thing that is quite annoying, is the more I do to catch up, the more I have to write on here retrospectively (like today's blog) about how much I've done to catch up - FRUSTRATING!




Today for example, when I was writing the 10 million blogs earlier, I really wanted to add as the last one - I'VE DONE LOADS OF BLOGS TODAY - WHOOHOOOO! But alas, I couldn't because it would mess up the vague continuity and numeracy I have managed to create on here. Which means now I have to back-date today at the next opportunity I have to blog - humph!


I can live with it though - it's just how it has to be!


One final thing - again I know there's a big gap between last Monday (bank holiday) and today since I wrote anything - well, again, that's work for you..and y'know my lovely car I mentioned, the one with the power steering and really light gear box which is aiding my slightly frail and injured body at the moment - well, it got a puncture (offside front - details!!) I had to take it to the mechanics to get it repaired - as per usual - I can never have a simple puncture - consequently, the repair sort of worked but didn't entirely (through no fault of our lovely mechanic!) - so I've now had to buy two new alloys (and yes - my new car is that posh!) - my bank account hates me - then had to go back to the mechanics on Tuesday night (for the second night running) and wait to get those put on.



This keeps on happening!! When I do get away from work, and I think that I may have some time to actually get some MA work done - SOMETHING ELSE will always steal that time away!!

I've decided on my week off next week ('week off' - now that's funny! Could that be an anymore inappropriate phrase for next week?!!) I'm going to become a hermit. I am not going out in my car, so it cannot pick up any other ailments, I'm not going to do anything that would need me to move that much - so my brokenness doesn't get any worse, I'm not going to think about radio station work, or the opera that we're writing for CpOT (which I've just realised hasn't had a mention at all for a very long time on here - I'm composing stuff on top of all of the things I've been talking about too - no wonder the opera's called AH! hehe!)



From Saturday 6th September - Sunday 14th September...



This is Natalie doing her MA.

No comments:

Taster Sessions

Fancy listening to some of what we've been doing?
Well, click on the bits you want to listen to below!

Live Guitar Session 1

Live Guitar Session 2

Live Guitar Session 3

Live Group Session 1

Live Group Session 2

Live Group Session 3

11 Person Laptop Band



**DISCLAIMER - these podcasts use an external hosting website. Please note that any content viewed on this website apart from the 'World Piece' specific audio is not linked with this blog and does not represent the views or opinions of myself or this blog. I am not able to control what content, aside from the 'World Piece' specific audio, goes out on this website and I apologise if some content may offend.**

Some of the more 'unusual' instruments

Some of the CPoT team brought some rather interesting and unusual instruments with them to America...

...all of which will be included in AH!

So, please do click on the images below to have a listen!!

Charango

Charasca

Coco Banjo

Frame Drum

Haegum

Mongolian Throat Singing

Mosquito

Requinto

Counterpoint of Tolerance 2